Thursday 30 July 2015

Hair how to!

HAIR HOW TO 

In this post I am going to show you how to achieve this curly plaited look. This style is very versatile and can be worn day or night. The plait really finishes it off and makes it look bit more special than just down and curled.

First things first prep your hair, wash and blow-dry your hair so that its smooth and easy to work with, especially you curly haired girls you want it as smooth as possible for the bouffant! Then on to the good stuff....

you will need, 
-grips
-a hair weft
-paddle brush
-backcombing brush
-hairpsray
-pins

1.Section off and Curl all your hair with the tool of your choice, I wanted a more relaxed curl so I chose to use the wand, as i feel its more of a wave than a curl.
TIP: spray each section with hairspray! 


2. Repeat on all your hair until its all curled, I then like to brush out my curls with a paddle brush as this makes them fall together nicely rather them all being separate.

3.Backcombing!- my favourite trick. So you want a lot of height on the top and you don't want it to fall when you clip the plait in so girls nice and tight backcombing it is for this one! From root to about mid lengths id say and to just behind the ear. I like to use a backcombing brush instead of a comb as i feel it is firmer.



My choice of brush would have to be Vogetti's mighty brush, its £4.25 and if you got one you would not regret it. It creates instant height and provides you with workable backcombing.

 get yours now ahttp://www.feelunique.com/product/Vogetti-Mighty-Brush

3.HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN PLAIT HEADBAND

So, I bet your all wondering is the plait real, unfortunately not, I cheated! you caught me!!haha, I used a hair extension weft and plaited it loosely. I then secured it behind my ears with grips and pins and played around until I was happy with it. I had this in all day and it did start to get abit annoying towards the end of the evening, but it was defiantly worth it.



4. Spray to finish!- Hairspray is crucial to keeping styles in place its abit like glue! A little shine spray wouldn't go a miss either!


Throw on some red lips and your good to go!

This is Shannon's recreation of it ❤️




let me know how you got on recreating this look so that I can add your picture to the post<3

Fran xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment