Tuesday 7 April 2015

Sleek eyeshadow pallette review



hi guys!-hope you've all had a fabulous easter!I've bought a new eyeshadow palette by 'Sleek'.
All the colours look amazing! I'm going to do a quick review on a look i did with this pallete.
The palette i chose is called I- divine in 'original'. Recently  I have seen a lot of eyeshadows that are sort of coppery, my favourite is the Charlotte Tilbury's ' Dolce Vita'.  I love it, but it's rather pricey! I think it's £38 for the four eyeshadows, think i better save up :') . You can buy it here.

onto the review...








So  I was browsing in the 'Sleek' section in Boots  the other day when I stumbled across this palette.  I  have used their contouring kit for a number of years  so i had already used there products and i've always been impressed. There was  quite a few to chose from, I think ill be going back to get more and more haha. These retail at £7.99, not back considering you get 12 shades.  I picked this one as it ranges from rose golds, to green and blue. Described as "12 shades of super-pigmented, longlasting, mineral based eyeshadow, designed to suit all" I thought this would be the most versatile to try first.  I think i was also drawn to the shiny-ness of them all <3







Back row L-R: Black Cab, Royal, London Rain, The Thames, E10, Hyde Park
Front Row L-R: Cream Tea, London Eye, Big Ben, Penny Farthing, Sterling, Banksy
  • First I prepped my eyelids with an eyelid primer.  I used French Connections 'eyeshadow primer'. I got this in a christmas eye perfection set one year and its amazing. 
  • Next i used a cream matte eyeshadow all over my lids. I think it was just a no7 one i have at home, sorry not sure which! 
  •  I then used the colour 'cream tea' all over my lids & took it up to my brow bone. This created a nice creamy base for me to work with.
  • Next i used 'big ben' on the crease of my eyelids- creating a glittery golden base.
  • I then used the shade 'penny farthing' on the corners of my eyes and along my brow bone, this colour is gorgeous and really makes your eyes 'pop'.
  • I then lined my bottom lash line with black liner.
Overall this look is so natural and can be worn day or night, with or without eye liner.





Overall rating 5/5
This eyeshadow stayed on all day and was still shining when i was taking it off,usually shimmery shades only last a few hours on me.


So there you have it! If you haven't tried Sleek makeup before I hope this post encourages you to do so, they have some lovely things!

What do you think of the Sleek Pallette's?  xxx





1 comment:

  1. The colours are gorgeous. I have sensitive eyes so I can't wear eyeshadows that arnt in stock form . Jealous !! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete