Monday 23 March 2015

A look in my makeup bag ❤️

A look in my makeup bag ❤️




First of all I am using the Victoria Secret vs stripe large make up bag. I love this bag because it fits everything in and doesn't clutter up your handbag. Some of my products are quite large and I'm forever finding that most makeup bags just aren't big enough. I end up having two bags or not being able to do the zip up, annoying!! I wanted this bag for a while and I'm so glad I finally got it. 
 you can find this bagif you click on this link here!

First I prep my skin with the lovely MAC primer from the prep and prime range. I like this primer because it's so lightweight, yet does the job perfectly whilst highlighting your skin and prolonging your makeup. Once your moisturiser has sunk in after about 5-10 minutes you only need to apply about a pea size to your face and smooth over with your fingers. I think it's about £20 but a bottle of this lasts me a couple of months, so it's well worth it.

The foundation I am using at the moment is again MAC, MAC studio fix in shade NC30. I have tried many shades in this foundation and for me this is my preferred shade as I can build it up for the night and keep it light during the day. I apply this with the 'real techniques expert face brush' that I picked up in super drug for £8.99 (pretty good ey!). I like the brush as it gives an even and smooth finish to the skin and really seems to distribute the product evenly. It's rounded head means you can create small circles on the face while applying to get into those hard to reach places. 






links for these two products are here for the foundation and here for the brush  xx

Next I use my MAC 'prep + prime' highlighter in shade 'light boost'. This is a brilliant product that I recently got into. It's very build-able and I can use it day and night. It's great for under eye dark circles and making your nose look skinnier! Apply over forehead, down under the brow bone and in a triangular shape under the eyes. I blend this in with just an eyeshadow brush. 

buy this highlighter here!


The next step is powder, now I've been a natural collection user previously and I have recently decided it's something that I used every day and should invest in a good one. After a lot of persuasion and persistent nagging my boyfriend gave in and treated me to a new one. I got the MAC 
'mineralize skin finish' in medium. It comes in the new packaging with a small mirror for application. It's a dome shaped compact which is packed with real minerals to keep your skin healthy. It's great to set your foundation or just as a touch-up throughout the day. I work in a hair salon and can get quite warm so there's nothing better to combat your t-zone with than a swish of this. I like to apply this with the 'real techniques' - powder brush pictured below. It's a lovely brush with soft long bristles.😍



you can find the powder here





Now that's all done I use all over highlighter from MAC (would you believe!). Haha, it's all Mac. I find their coverage so much better than other brands. I use the 'mineralize skin finish' in shade 'soft and gentle'. I loooove this colour as it's so versatile, you can have a day glow or you  
can really exentuate your cheekbones and brow bone by sweeping it in a u-shape from your cheeks to your brow bone.




Blusher: I love my blusher, I use the 'sleek' in shade 'Rose gold'. It's gorgeous. In the summer I love this especially as it just adds to your glow. In the winter months I like to keep it matte so I go for the MAC blush in shade 'pinch me'.  It is just a nice everyday colour.


And that's it! I will do an eyebrow and eye run through on my next post. I hope you enjoyed reading and if you have any questions please ask me I won't mind answering or if you have any tips or tricks involving these product I'm always up for learning new things! Let me know if you use the same or similar products. I'd love to hear from you all πŸ˜€ xoxoxo 
































1 comment:

  1. Love your littler make up bag and everything in it - we have such a similar taste :)
    xx Kim
    http://londonstagraam.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete