Thursday 26 March 2015

Those all important EYEBROWS!


     That 'Perfect Brow' Shape.


My next post is about... yep you guessed it, eyebrows. My obsession. The one thing I won't leave the house without (You know what I mean anyway!). Keep reading to find out how I 'tame my bushes' hahaaa!

So the most important thing about eyebrows is a good basic shape. Endless amounts of makeup can't help badly shaped brows, if you're a 'sucker for a plucker' then leave them to grow for a few weeks (2 to 4 depending on how thin they are), over plucked brows are not attractive.Your arch should be starting just outside your pupil. Also, thicker brows generally tend to portray youth. So put the tweezers down... yes, you... step away!! For me I like to have them threaded, It's quick, bare-able on the pain scale and the effects are well worth it.  I get mine done every month at my local newsagents, sounds horrendous really but there is a lady in a back room who does them for £3! £3 girls!! I do feel dodgy when I walk in and ask the cashier 'if she's upstairs' like it's some kind of drug deal!! haha. I heard of her through some friends whose eyebrows I admired and asked where they had their's done. She's a lovely lady, I always tip her a pound or two as i feel bad for her doing them so well for such little money! underselling herself If you ask me. I'd gladly pay £5. So yeah! If you live in Sutton Coldfield or Birmingham, try her out! She's in the newsagent's opposite Aldi.

I know a lot of people use eyebrow pencil to fill their brows but I just can't get the hang of it and end up looking like i have drawn lines on my face as if crossing off a word in a word-search! Which as you can imagine... is not a good look. If you can use an eyebrow pencil successfully, I take my hat off to you. I stick to my
brown eyeshadow and a small angled brush to create this look. I use the MAC eyeshadow in shade 'expresso' & eco tools angled eyeliner brush.

My top brow DO's & DON'T'S:

  1. never use black- please please do not fill your brows with black, unless you want sharpie brows. Even if your hair is very dark naturally, go for a dark brown, it's too harsh otherwise.
  2. Matte finish eyeshadows are best -you don't want to look sweaty.
  3. Go for a Khaki Colour- Because hair naturally has a khaki undertone to it, using a brow pencil that has a touch of khaki colour will look more natural.  For whatever reason, most companies have reddish tinted brow products. This colour just screams “Fake!” So say no to the red tones.
  4. Use a concealer - underneath your brows to give that 'finished' look.
  5. Trim your brows -  another way to get that square look at the start of your brows is to trim your hairs with nail scissors, all to the same legnth. This will make them appear thicker and make an easier canvas for you to work with.
  6. Eyebrow gel- If your brows are thick and curly, use a brow gel like this one to keep them in place all day.  GOSH BROW GEL

Application: 
Starting with my natural brow, I use a lash & brow comb to smooth out my hairs, I sometimes wake up with them in all different directions, quite funny, Jacob laughs at me. So now they're all standing to attention, I take my angled brush and apply eyeshadow to the bottom line, so all along the bottom of my natural brow shape. Then, along the top. So now you have your two lines to follow when you are filling in. Next, fill in the mid and ends of your brow with your brush with smooth strokes to spread the product evenly. Remember less is more so when you think you've put enough on, take a mirror into natural light and look at yourself at arms length, like someone else would. Finally, the 'front' if you like. So I HATE it when girls eyebrows look like tadpoles with a huge head and small tail. So for me I just simply follow the natural hairs making it slightly squarer as I get to the very top. Not too round, not too square.

if you look closely at the bottom photo, no ones two brows are the same, my left brow is a lot thicker at the start that the right, so do your best to match them up by adding bits into the  g / a  / p / s .




No comments:

Post a Comment