Wednesday 18 November 2015

A new Fav: Double Wear Foundation








 Hi lovelies,

After hearing lots and lots of great reviews about this foundation, I decided to treat myself to this little beauty, Estee Lauder Double Wear. Wow!! Ive tried numerous foundations including MAC & Bobbi Brown and none have compared to this. 

It all started when one of my clients came in and I said WOW what foundation are you wearing? This was it!  For me Foundation isn't something I always wear, I only tend to wear it on Nights out of special occasions, I wear it moron the autumn/winter as i like a fuller coverage compared to Summer. Day to day I wear the Chanel universal powder as a base, although I am willing to spend money on a good foundation for when I want to feel abit more 'done up'.  Foundation can be very hard to get right it can be too dry, too cakey, too matte, too dewy etc. Its often hard to find one thats right for you. However, let me introduce you to this bad boy!

First Impression on this product by the look of it is its very classy, sophisticated and simples. It comes in a royal blue box and the bottle itself is glass which makes it feel expensive with a simple gold lid. The one disadvantage is that it doesn't have a pump, which can make it hard to get to the product when you get half way through. It is £28 which yes is pretty pricey for a foundation but you certainly get what you pay for, you'd have to apply your £12.99 once twice maybe? well worth it.

Next thing is that it doesn't dry your skin out, I see so many girls with foundation on that just screams DRY at me and when a foundation is drying it brings out all your imperfections more than if you weren't wearing makeup! This feels very hydrating on the skin and doesn't dry out at all. 

It doesn't MOVE!! 
Once this is applied, you can party the night away and it will still be with you. I went out on saturday wearing it and went to the loo at various points as you do and was prepared to titivate but my makeup was perfect!! I have a very oily forehead and there was no shine to be seen at all, either that or I was drunker than I thought I was ! :') Also, A little goes a long way, don't apply too much as it can look cakey when you have added all your other bits and bobs on.

SO,  If you want something that’s full, opaque, lasts the entire day and night, provides the perfect matte base for everything else (contour, blush, highlighter, etc), then this is it. Perfect for oily skin like mine, doesn't stop the oil but keeps it at bay. If you have acne scars, apparently  this is good for you too! 

This is like the trusty friend that you know will be there for you when you need it. Wheres the party at? 

Have you tried this? What is your favourite foundation?

Fran xxx 




No comments:

Post a Comment