Wednesday 11 November 2015

Shoebox appeal






SHOEBOX APPEAL
This year I finally did something I've been meaning to do for ages.  I have Built a shoebox for a child in a country abroad, two infact! I chose to do it through the samaritans purse, which was the nearest charity to me that were collecting.  I have done one for a boy and one for a girl ages 5-9, I'm super excited about them receiving them. The deadline date is next Wednesday18th November and for those of you living in Birmingham, The Entertainer in Sutton is collecting them. You can go on the website and find your nearest collection point by entering your postcode! https://www.samaritans-purse.org.uk/article/shoeboxes-for-refugees/

They ask you to pack the shoe box with school supplies, toys, games and hygiene products. I picked up loads of stuff from the poundshop and everything  was perfect!

For the girl box:                                         
-Colouring book & crayons                              
-Teddy elephant
-Disney princess ball
-Princess Toothbrush
-Minnie mouse toothpaste
-Mini Cooking set 
-Dove soap
-Gloves
-Haribo Sweets
-Frozen Slinky.

For the Boy's box:
-Soft Whinny The pooh ball
-Black gloves
-Dove Soap
-Star Wars Toothpaste
-Green Monster toothbrush 
-Jenga Tower
-Lion Teddy
- Minion Colouring book and pencils 
-Haribo Christmas Sweets
-Despicable ME slinky.



I really enjoyed doing this even wrapping the boxes was a challenge! You can even send a picture of yourself and include a little personal note, so cute! You haven't got long to get involved but please the more the merrier! It cost me £20 all together which is nothing when you think about it and it will make 2 children so happy. They treasure such small things my best friend went to Africa and said they couldn't believe she had a hair bobble and they were throwing it round and stretching it in shock! It makes me feel so happy that I can make other people happy.  It also makes me appreciate how lucky I am and how grateful i should be of everything I have! 

So If you would like to join in here is the website where you can get involved and learn abit more about this amazing thing.

Here are some pictures below of my boxes, hope you have enjoyed this post !

Love Fran xxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment