Wednesday 2 September 2015

My Charlotte Tilbury Experience!

My Charlotte Tilbury Experience!
On Friday It was my birthday and my lovely boyfriend treated me to having my makeup done at the Charlotte Tilbury counter in Selfridges. 

 Charlotte Tilbury has 10 signature looks to choose from when you have your makeup done. 

The Rebel
The Golden Goddess
The Ingene
The Uptown Girl
The Sophisticate
The Rock Chick
The Dolce Vita 
The Bombshell
The Vintage Vamp
The Glamour Muse 


I'd done some research before I went as I wanted a rough idea of what I'd like done. I was torn between the Dolce Vita & The Bombshell. The lips on the Bombshell really grabbed me.
In the end after some guidance from the makeup artist I went for the Dolce Vita. I explained I didn't wear foundation on a daily basis and had been to MAC previously and been unhappy with the results as i felt like a dressed up christmas tree, just too much. They insist on applying fake eyelashes and things that just arent you!

THE DOLCE VITA

ULTRA FEMININE AND UTTERLY ALLURING, THE DOLCE VITA PLAYS THE MUSE FOR VERY GOOD REASON. HER LOOK IS ALL ABOUT UNBRIDLED GLAMOUR: SEDUCTIVE LIPS, CHISELLED CHEEKS AND A SMOULDERING STARE.

First she prepped my skin with their Wonder glow primer. This was so lightweight and felt lovely on my skin. This creates the illusion of youthful, healthy skin that is hydrated and effervescent. It can be used underneath foundation or on its own for effortless looking skin It retails at £38.50 You can get it here!
Next she applied there Magic Foundation with a brush, A brand new full coverage foundation that morphs to your face in a weightless texture, for a perfect second skin that lasts all day. It comes in 15 different shades and retails at £29.50 here.
Eyeshadow was next! She used an amazing palette of 4 colours.
The champagne, brown, umber and bronze 'Dolce Vita' shades in Charlotte Tilbury's eyeshadow palette are designed to harmonize with each other and suit any skin tone. She created a smooth base with the 'Prime' shade, built up definition with the 'Enhance' color, then added definition and drama for evening with the highly pigmented 'Smoke' and 'Pop' shades. This kit retails at £38.00. You can get yours here

She then filled in my brows with their 3 way lift,shade and shape tool. I don't usually get on with eyebrow pencils but this one was quite nice and did not create any harsh lines. This retails at £22.50. Get yours here.



My favourite part now, The Charlotte Tilbury Highlight and contour compact called Filmstar bronze and glow. This is AMAZING. You can slim, sculpt, shorten, trim and highlight your features. She used the dark on my cheek hollows, temples, jaw line and the sides and tip on my nose. The lighter on the top of my cheek bones, centre of nose, bow of lips and brow bone. I was so pleased with how this product worked I bought one myself. These sets retail at £49.00 here.


Lash time! Charlotte Tilbury's Full Fat lashes mascara. This promises curl, seperation, volume, legnth and drama. I wasn't overly impressed with the mascara as I like my lashes to look really seperate and long and this seemed to clump mine up therefore making them look shorter, I'd like to try it myself to see what it's like when used yourself. This is £22.00 from their website.



Last but not least, my lips, I'm not sure on the shade of lip liner she used, but the lipstick was called bond girl. The colour was lovely and stayed on all night until I went to bed! This is £23.00 online.

HOW WAS IT!? 10\10.

Overall I was so pleased with the look, I felt like she really listened to what I was after and what I didn't like. I felt as though I had makeup on, but still felt really natural. I really didn't want to take it off at bedtime, but you know these things have to be done. I will certainly be going back to try the other looks. It was £35.00 to have your make -up done but that was redeemable against products, which was great but I wanted the lot! You can buy it all, but thats £165! I'll be asking Father 
Christmas for that this year I think.. haha.

Here are some photos of my finished look. The first two pictures are as soon as I got back to the hotel after I'd had it done and the other two are just before bed a few drinkies later! You can see how well the eyeshadow has lasted.

Have any of you girls been and had a CT makeover? I'd love to know which look you went for and what your fave products are!



No comments:

Post a Comment